Combative Sports is a full contact competition between two contestants. The primary sport in this program is boxing. Other sports regulated by this program are kick boxing, shoot wrestling / fighting, pancration wrestling / fighting, mixed martial arts contests or any form of competition in which a blow is struck which may reasonably be expected to inflict injury. Kick boxing is a form of boxing in which blows are delivered with any part of the arm below the shoulder, including the hand, and any part of the leg below the hip including the foot. Shoot wrestling / pancration wrestling is a form of full contact martial arts in which opponents may, while standing, strike with the open hand, kick, wrestle, throw grapple and submit.
For more information about combative sports, e-mail TDLR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective immediately, all applications for combative sports contestants must use the current Professional Contestant Application, Form 001BOX, dated August 2012. Older forms will no longer be accepted. You can make sure you are using the latest form by looking in the bottom left-hand corner of the form. It should read, "TDLR Form BOX001 Revised 08-2012."
The Medical Advisory Committee meeting scheduled for Friday, November 15 has been canceled. The meeting will be rescheduled and notice will be posted.
TDLR proposes amendments to the Combative Sports Administrative Rules (16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 61, §§61.10, 61.20, 61.23, 61.30, 61.40, 61.48, 61.80, and 61.120). The proposed amendments are necessary to implement the changes made by Senate Bill 618, 83rd Legislature, Regular Session (2013) regarding ringside physicians and timekeepers.
The proposal was published in the September 13, 2013, issue of the Texas Register (38 TexReg 5973). The Department will accept comments on the proposal until October 14, 2013. The Department encourages anyone interested in the Combative Sports program to review the rule proposal.
The Medical Advisory Committee met May 3 in Austin. The agenda is online. The meeting was archived and is available for viewing via RealPlayer.
Keep your address current with TDLR
TDLR is now accepting online payment for administrative penalties.
Combative Sports Safety Webinar - TDLR encourages anyone interested in the safety of combative sports participants to view this "Diagnosis and Management of Concussion in Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts Combatants" webinar.
Click on each link below for information on upcoming boxing and other scheduled combative sports events. External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. The Department is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of linked websites. These sites may also not be accessible to persons with disabilities.
All events are subject to change or cancellation.
- 12/07/13 Escalante Promotions, El Paso - CANCELED
- 12/07/13 Triple A Promotions, Harlingen
- 12/14/13 Golden Boy Promotions and Leija Battah Promotions, San Antonio
- 12/20/13 Standing 8 Promotions, Ft. Worth
- 01/11/14 Garcia Scratch Hard Promotion, San Antonio
- 01/18/14 Black Gloves Promotions, Dallas
- 01/30/14 Savarese Promotions, Houston
- 01/31/14 Escalante Promotions, El Paso
- 02/10/14 Golden Boy Promotions and Leija Battah Promotions, San Antonio
- 02/28/14 Rocktagon, El Paso
- 03/01/14 Top Rank, San Antonio
- 03/03/14 Golden Boy Promotions and Leija Battah Promotions, San Antonio
- 04/19/14 Golden Boy Promotions and Leija Battah Promotions, San Antonio
- 04/24/14 Escalante Promotions, El Paso
- 05/12/14 Golden Boy Promotions and Leija Battah Promotions, San Antonio
- 06/23/14 Golden Boy Promotions and Leija Battah Promotions, San Antonio
- 08/18/14 Golden Boy Promotions and Leija Battah Promotions, San Antonio
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
- 12/06/13 Legacy Promotions, San Antonio
- 01/16/14 Orthrus Promotions, Ft. Worth
- 01/18/14 Back Alley Promotions, Arlington
- 01/31/14 Legacy Promotions, Houston
- 02/21/14 Legacy Promotions, San Antonio
- 03/01/14 STFC, McAllen
- 03/01/14 24/7 Entertainment, Midland
- 03/15/14 UFC, Dallas
- 04/11/14 Legacy Promotions, Allen
Combination Events (Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts)
- 01/11/14 Jesse Rodriguez Promotions, Ft. Worth
Amateur Mixed Martial Arts
- 12/07/13 Xtreme Combat Productions and Athletic Boxing Gym, Corpus Christi
- 12/13/13 Savarese Amateur Association (SAA), Houston
- 12/14/13 United States Amateur Combative Association (USACA), Houston
- 12/14/13 CDM Boxing, Angleton
- 12/21/13 Icon Amateur Sports Association (IASA), Austin
- 01/11/14 24/7 Entertainment, Midland
- (no events scheduled)