Meeting of July 24, 2009
Twin Towers Office Center
1st Floor Public Meeting Room #125E
1106 Clayton Lane
Summary of Minutes
Chairman Frank Denton called the meeting of the Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation to order at 9:00 a.m., Friday, July 24, 2009. Members present were Chairman Frank Denton, Vice-Chair Mike Arismendez, Commissioners Lewis Benavides, LuAnn Morgan, Fred Moses and Lilian Norman-Keeney. A roll call verified that a quorum was present.
Staff present included: William Kuntz, Executive Director; Brian Francis, Deputy Executive Director; Dianne Casey, Assistant Deputy Executive Director; Brad Bowman, General Counsel; Charles Johnson, Assistant General Counsel; Lynn Latombe, Assistant General Counsel; Pamela Legate, Assistant General Counsel; Wendy Pellow, Assistant General Counsel; Glen Bridge, Information Systems Development; Jerry Daniels, Financial Management; Sharon Homoya, Personnel Attorney; Don Dudley, Director of Education & Examination; George Ferrie, Director of Compliance; Christina Kaiser, Director of Enforcement; Gene Mays, Customer Service; Dede McEachern, Director of Licensing; Simon Skedd, Information Services; and Kay Mahan, Executive Assistant.
Lilian Norman-Keeney, seconded by Mike Arismendez, moved to excuse the absence of Deborah Yurco. The motion was passed by unanimous vote.
Chairman Denton moved to agenda item D1, Contested Cases. The final action on each Proposal for Decision is as follows:
Docket Number COS2008004567D/452-09-1634.COS, TDLR v. Khoi Huu Trinh d/b/a Foster Nail & Facial. Fred Moses, seconded by Mike Arismendez, moved to accept the Proposal for Decision as presented. The motion was passed by unanimous vote.
Chairman Denton moved to agenda item J. Staff Reports. Executive Director, Bill Kuntz and staff gave reports and answered questions from the Commission.
The meeting was recessed at 10:20 a.m.
The meeting reconvened at 10:35 a.m.
Chairman Denton moved to agenda item K, Advisory Board Reports. Public Affair’s staff gave a brief report and answered questions from the Commission.
Chairman Denton moved to agenda item L, Approval of appointments of members to Advisory Board. Fred Moses, seconded by LuAnn Morgan, moved to approve the following appointments. The motion was passed by unanimous vote.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors Advisory Board – New appointment: Vance Wright (term expires 2/1/2013).
- Advisory Board on Barbering – New appointment: Melina Messick (term expires 9/29/2013).
- Medical Advisory Committee – Reappointments: Mickey Christakos, Presiding Officer (term expires 2/01/2011), Dr. Wayne Lee (term expires 2/01/2011) and Dr. Ivan Melendez (term expires 2/01/2011). New Appointment: James Chad Curry (term expires 2/01/2011).
- Towing and Storage Advisory Board – New appointment: Gene Foster (term expires 2/01/2015).
- Weather Modification Advisory Committee: Reappointment: E. Everett Deschner, P.E. (term expires 01/13/2013); new appointment: Don Parish (term expires 1/13/2013).
Chairman Denton moved to agenda item O, Discussion of date, time and location of future Commission meetings. The next meeting date will be determined at a later time.
Chairman Denton adjourned the meeting at 11:55 a.m.
Frank Denton, Chairman
Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation